Max Augustus LINN was born on the 30th of August 1896 in White, Bartow County, GA. His father was Western Hardy LINN (yes, Western) and Martha A. GILREATH.
Besides Max’s birth, here are a few other things that occured in 1896:
- George Burns and F. Scott Fitzgerald were born too.
- Utah was admitted as the 45th state.
- John Philip Sousa composed “Stars & Stripes”.
- The 1st known women’s basketball game was played between Stanford and California.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe and Anton Bruckner died.
- The 3rd deadliest tornado in the U.S. hit St. Louis killing 255 people and injuring 1000.
- An earthquake and tsunami hit Japan killing 27,000.
- H.L. Smith took the 1st X-ray photograph.
- The first modern Olympics were held in Athens.
- Gold was discovered in Klondike, Yukon.
He married Eula Mae HOLDER on the 2nd of September 1917 in Griffin, Spaulding County, GA.
He was a barber by trade.
Max and Eula had 4 children together. Two died in infancy
His death occurred on the 30th of June 1952 at the age of 55 in Milledgeville, Baldwin County, GA.
Nice bow tie! He’s looking rather dapper.